This course is designed to introduce a variety of lifetime and team sports that promote an active, healthy lifestyle which will lead to improved mental, physical, social, and emotional health. A fitness component will also be involved to help increase the activity level and combat childhood obesity.
1. To improve your overall fitness level and well-being (physical, social, mental and emotional health).
2. To gain a better knowledge and develop skills in a variety of sports and activities.
3. To foster a sense of teamwork, cooperation and better communication.
4. To increase the quality of our lives through exercise.
5. To complete the SHAPE fitness requirements as mandated by the state.
Frisbee Pole Volleyball
Tether Ball Badminton
Tennis Wiffle Ball
Handball Kick Ball
Ultimate Frisbee Flag Football
Scooter Football A Variety of Cardiovascular and fitness activities
Students are required to dress out and participate daily. Only a doctor’s note and one parent note will be accepted as an excuse for not participating. All personal belongings will be locked in the locker room during class. If the student has valuables, those may be handed in to the teacher.
Grading: 1st and 2nd nine (9) weeks average:
Daily Grades – 70%
• Dressing out
• Safety practices and skill assessments
Written test and Skills test – 30%
*Teacher reserves the right to modify or delete any information in this syllabus