Welcome to Bartlett High School and this wonderful Panther Family!
You are about to embark on an exciting journey filled with fun, challenges, and many growth opportunities. The high school years are very important and are the gateway to all the opportunities that will come after graduation. These post high school opportunities will come in the way of college, technical school, military, or the world of work. One of the goals to be achieved in the next three years is to form a plan for successful transition to that phase of life. I am so excited to begin this new journey with each of you and I look forward to helping you make a smooth transition.
The high school phase of your life marks the beginning of your future. In other words, the choices and decisions you make over the next three years in your young adult life will either help you or hinder you.
In order to earn a Tennessee regular high school diploma students must: (1) Earn the prescribed 22 credit minimum, (2) complete the ACT or SAT, and (3) have a satisfactory record of attendance and discipline. Please keep this in mind as you continue to make decisions during your high school years
Here are some tips to help you be successful in high school:
1. Follow all school rules and policies. Doing so, will make your transition into Bartlett High School much smoother.
2. Be Respectful and always conduct yourself in an orderly fashion. People see you before, during, and after. You never know who's watching you. It could very well be the person you ask to write a letter of recommendation for you.
3. Attend school everyday on time and come prepared to work. Avoid missing any classes if possible because it is very easy to fall behind. If you miss class for any reason please be responsible and ask your teachers for your make-up work and be diligent in completing it.
4. Come to class prepared with an open mind and a willingness to learn.
5. Have a regular study time, manage your time wisely, and turn all assignments in on time.
7. Encourage your parents to join the PTSA. The PTSA is an easy way for parents to become involved and to stay informed.
8. Get involved!!! Bartlett has something for everyone to do!! Students who are involved in positive activities do better in school and are less likely to get involved in negative or unhealthy behaviors. It also helps you to present yourself as a well-rounded student when you begin to apply for colleges or other educational opportunities. Click HERE for a listing of the Clubs & Sports we have to offer!
9. Most of all ... Have Fun!! Make the best of the next three years of high school and leave with no regrets.
Stop by the counseling office if you need help with anything. Our office is located in the A building on the 2nd floor. I look forward to working with you over the next three years. I want to see each and everyone of you succeed and reach your goals. If you need anything please feel free to email me or give me a call.
Again, Welcome to Bartlett High School and go Panthers!
Ms. Marcy Ross
901.373.2620 ext. #7012
Visitor's Since 09/15/2016: